Be sure to read through the Library Policies and Procedures. When you open a Library account you agree to adhere to the policies.
To access the online Heritage Public Library click here
- You may search/browse the books in Heritage Library by using the search feature.
- You need to have an account to checkout or put books on hold.
- To create an account, email Library@hcssd.org to request an account. Your username and password will be emailed to you. A $25 annual fee will be charged for this Library account.
- Once you have your account, you may put desired books on hold and pick them up at the office during Library hours. Monday-Thursday, 11am-1pm.
- Books will be held for one week.
- Books may be checked out for 90 days with an option of 4 renewals.
- You may incur late fees if books are not returned or renewed after due date.
HCS Curriculum Lending Library Policies and Procedures
The HCS Curriculum Lending Library is a service available to our Full Service and Class Day Service level families. Curriculum may be checked out for the school year. Readers and resources may also be checked out for a month at a time. A $25 upfront annual use fee will be charged to families wishing to join the library.
- All materials must be checked out from our online library management system. From this system, you will be able to check on available inventory as well. Please do not call the office to check on inventory or ask for holding items.
- Families who check out the materials are responsible for returning the materials in a timely manner or agree to pay any late fees assessed.
- Families who return materials damaged or otherwise in an unacceptable condition agree to pay a restocking fee for the amount it costs to replace the item(s).
- Families agree to NOT loan, check out, or allow use of the materials by anyone outside of their immediate family.
- Curriculum checked out must be reflected on the Course of Study submitted.
- Until the library inventory grows, families are limited to three curriculum subjects per family to check out. Readers, resources, and other non-curriculum items have no limit.
- All curriculum must be returned prior to graduation and is considered late after graduation day. Extensions for annual curriculum checked out may be granted on a week-to-week basis with a maximum end time of July 15th. All items checked out for a given school year must be returned to the library no later than July 15th Items not received by that time will be charged a restocking fee to replace the item.
- Late fees will be assessed weekly and will be charged as follows:
1-6 days late: $20. An additional $20 will be charged every week thereafter until the materials are returned. Excessive and/or habitual late or damage fees will result in ineligibility to rejoin the library. All late and/or damage/restocking fees must be paid in full before further use of the library will be granted.
- Users agree to pick up materials from, and return to, the school office.
- There is to be no duplication of library materials.
- There is to be no writing in library materials.
Annual rejoining of the library is subject to the terms and policies written herein.